Monday 6 April 2015

How I curl my lashes

 
Now when people talk about what one make-up/beauty item they'd take with them if they were stranded on a Desert Island, I think mine would be, dare I say it, eyelash curlers..?  I could make mascara from squid ink or charcoal and coconut oil.. you know as you do...

But the point that I'm trying to get across here, is that they are that vital to my make-up routine and I kind of take them for granted. 

Curling my lashes every day is a must, as mine are so straight they actually have the tendency to hang down below my eyes (imagine an elephants eye lashes) and curling them instantly opens my eyes and makes my lashes look longer as more of them can be seen in contrast against my eyelid. 

My current eyelash curlers are by Shu Uemura. I've had them for well over 2 years and their still going strong. They fit my eye socket perfectly which is very important as you do not want to nip and damage any skin on your eyelid, cos that's just darn right painful and unnecessary.

They also don't damage my lashes by cutting them whilst curling and they manage to feather the lashes beautifully. 


How I curl 'em

The way I curl my lashes is to start by taking the lash curler as close to the eye lid (lash root) as possible and curling for around 10 seconds.

The pressure applied to the curler should be quite firm but not painful. 

Then I release and take the eyelash curlers a couple of millimetres out from where we just curled and curl again, for maybe 5-7 seconds and then I take the eyelash curlers out and curl again for 3-5 seconds and then, keep going until your a couple of millimetres from the end of your lashes, decreasing the amount of time you hold for by how far to the end of your lashes you are.  I do not curl the very tip of my lashes, you want to leave them nice and straight.

Sometimes I repeat the whole process if they don't look quite curly enough, as I said mine are pretty darn straight, and stubborn. Then I run my finger over the lashes to separate any that have become entwined whilst curling.

 
By curling them this way you get a lovely bow like curl to your eyelashes instead of a 90° angle, which I think looks unnatural and is impossible for me to get my mascara on without smudging it all over my eyelid, which in general seems to be a task for me. 

Wilber and I love our eyelash curlers!
If you have naturally curly eyelashes (slightly envious) there is no need for you to curl your lashes (think this goes without staying) but if you do have straight lashes, like myself, I would seriously think about investing in an eyelash curler.

It makes a massive improvement to my overall make-up look and I definitely notice the difference, even if I go one day without curling them!


Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig