Wednesday 15 April 2015

Bye-Bye Dry Eyes


This stuff is amazing! I genuinely want to tell everyone about it, it's the best thing ever! What is it? I hear you ask, well, it's lubricating eye drops, that are suitable for use with all contact lenses!! Aahhh *angels sing* Honestly I love this stuff!! 

After wearing contact lenses for over a decade I know the troubles of finding eye drops suitable to use with contact lenses. You either have to chuck them out after four weeks of opening or you can buy those individual sachets, which you can never find when you need them, scratchy to use and impossible to get open. 

So you can imagine my absolute delight when I discovered HYLO-FORTE®  (also know as HYLO® -GEL)  This my friends, is the answer to all your dry eye nightmares!

What makes it different to all the rest? It has the super cool (patented) pump thing at the bottom, which you press and it releases the perfect amount of drop right into your eye, so no tears running down your face or that horrible anticipation, waiting for the drop to eventually reach your eyeball.

The nifty container keeps the solution completely sealed, so no bacteria can get in there, making it preservative free and suitable for all contact lenses, hurra!!! As it's normally the preservatives in eye drops that react with most contact lenses, damaging the contact lenses.

You can keep it for up to 6 months after opening after that it is recommended to be discarded.  Although it normally lasts me around 4-5 months, so perfect timing. There is said to be around 300 drops in each packet.

When I put this in my eyes, I have immediate and long lasting relief, no more burning or dryness, it is aaamaazing! You can't actually feel it go in, it doesn't sting, burn or make your eyes cloudy.  It just kind of soothes your eyes, making them all happy, I guess once again living up to its name and lubricating your eyes!

I have definitely noticed a reduction in the little red veins in my eyes, thank goodness!  And of course I also use it on my beloved puggies if their eyes are looking a little dry or if they have something in them, and it is really easy to get in their eyes with the cool pump dispenser thing it has.


Now we have established that they are amazing and if you suffer from dry eyes and wear contact lenses, you have to get this, but here is a fun fact!  The ingredient that's in it to make it all silky and delicious on your eye ball is sodium hyaluronate also referred to as hyaluronic acid and is one of the most abundant components of your skin and is proven to help reverse and counteract the signs of aging caused by UVB. Ooo interesting.

If you look closely you'll find this ingredient in a lot of the expensive eye and face creams. So after using it in my eyes during the day, at night I pop a bit around my eyes, in-between my eyebrows and round my mouth, basically where I can see those lovely fine lines starting to appear. Funny thing is it actually feels lovely on my face as well!! Multi tasking product or what! 

Now it is expensive for an eye drop, around $32 (NZD) or £15 (GBP) but oh so worth it! I just get it from my local pharmacy and I have never regretted any money I've spent on this and you never know you might have even found yourself a less expensive anti-wrinkle cream! Bonus!! 


Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig