Friday 24 July 2015

Veruschka- Eyes To Mesmerise by Charlotte Tilbury

I love Charlotte Tilbury's Colour Chameleon Eye Shadow Pencils so much that when I saw she was bringing out Eyes To Mesmerise in cream eye shadows, of course I had to have one.

Eyes to Mesmerise in Veruschka
After much deliberation on which colour was going to be my first purchase it ended up being Veruschka.

I wanted something a little different to what I already had in my collection, yet a colour that would be wearable for both day and night.

Now I must say I am a little on the fence when I comes to this product, there are elements of it I love and elements I, well lets just say, don't love.


First of all lets talk about the loves. The colour is very unusual it is like a greeny grey, the exact words they use on the website is a, "minky-mossy golden grey-green" which I guess it is. It does have beautiful golden shimmer throughout it and mines definitely more a grey than green. But a very apt description.

A truly unique pretty colour.

So I love the colour but I also love how there is no fall out as it is a cream eye shadow, probably didn't need to say that and my sensitive eyes also love it, another bonus.


So with all these loves why am I not head over heels in-love with it.

Well, personally for me it creases, really badly within a few hours of wear. I have tried using it with my MAC Painterly Paint Pot as a base and it helps out for a good few hours but inevitably it creases on me.

Although I must say I do have very oily eyelids, so a lot of things do crease on me. But I am slightly more disappointed as I got on so well with her Colour Chameleon Eye Shadow Pencils that I thought I'd be on to a winner here but alas not.


I also find it actually quite time consuming and messy to use, I put the majority of it on my eyelid with my finger and then have to go and wash my hand or rub the excess off somewhere and then grab a pencil brush to get into the inner corners of my eyes, where my fingers don't fit and then under my lower lash line. I guess I just wanted it to be as easy to use as an eye shadow pencil.

That being said I could just use a brush for the whole application, so perhaps I am just being picky. But I do think that you get a better colour pay off when applied with a finger.


An overall round up from me would be, love the colour and the feel of it on my eyelids but unfortunately it creases really badly on my lids and I find it quite time consuming to apply.

But if you don't have a creasing issue and are a dab hand at applying cream eye shadows for sure give them a go, all the colours look absolutely stunning.


Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig