Thursday 16 July 2015

Pink Makes The Boys Wink


Far left- Dainty, Far Right- Tenderling Forefront- Orgasm, Brush- MAC 168
I love MAC cosmetics blushes, well lets face it, I love a lot of MAC's products. 

But I do have a little sweet spot for NARS blushes as well, especially, of course, Orgasm.

For my every day make-up looks I seem to go between the following three blushes, MAC's Tenderling and Dainty and of course NARS's Orgasm.

Left- Tenderling, Centre- Orgasm, Right- Dainty
Dainty is a mineralize blush which is has a very powder pink colour to it. Very girlie and young. It has a very small amount of gold shimmer to it and I love it for when I need to look a little more alive but don't want to draw too much attention to my blush shade. Although all of the shades are long lasting, with the mineralise blushes they don't seem to last as long on me as the next two, but I do love the colour, so onto my list it went.

Tenderling is a sheertone blush and for my skin tone it is the perfect shade of blusher for an extremely natural look. Even though my natural blush is a lot pinker than this shade it works so well on my skin. So I grab this one when I want all the attention to be on either my eyes or lips and just want an everyday quick make-up look, that can be applied in seconds and you definitely won't look like Aunt Sally. I also find that this shade blends fantastically with any contour shade as well. It has absolutely no shimmer or sparkle to it.


Orgasm by NARS, I think most people have heard the hype or knows someone who owns it, but here's my take on it. Firstly I love it and I seem to grab it all the time. I use it when I want that healthy, I have seen sunlight/been for a lovely walk kind of glow. It's a pinky coral and has the most beautiful gold shimmer in it. Too much for some people but I love it. Buildable, blendable and fantastic.

I find some of the NARS blushes to be less pigmented than the MAC powder blush shades but this can be both a positive and a negative. On one hand they are slightly easier to work with as you are less likely to put on too much but then I guess eventually you will end up having to use more, but not enough for it to bother me at all in the slightest.

I absolutely love both brands and my husband seems to love the packaging of all the NARS products, maybe this will allow me to buy more.. Maybe..


For all three the staying power is pretty dang good, but the mineralize one falls behind slightly but I never think..  Did I put blush on today? Or even worse, where has half of my blush gone? Which has happened in the past with other brands.

I just love my trusty three for my everyday blush!

Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig