Wednesday 18 March 2015

Hip Hip Hooray


I know whilst I was in the midst of my teenage years, if anyone had mentioned oil and skincare to me in the same sentence, I would've ran a mile in the opposite direction. So what's changed? 

Everyone seems to be jumping on the oil bandwagon these days, when it feels like not so long ago we were trying to strip our skin of all the oil it had. Well this is seemingly where we've (I've) been going wrong. By stripping the skin of its oils, it is then is forced to produce more and that's where we begin our horrid, oil/stripping/more oil being produced cycle..

Recently I have been trying out Trilogy's Certified Organic Rosehip Oil, it started off as more of an experiment but over four weeks in, I am still using it and what's more I'm liking the results. 

Just a little FYI, I have an oily T-Zone and prone to adult acne around my jaw line and I have been using a couple of drops of the oil nearly every night. 

In the first few days of using it my spots went kind of crazy but in a good way, they all came to the surface and then cleared up quite quickly and my skin has been quite good since. 

The main overall benefits I am seeing are the scabs where old spots used to be are healing up much more quickly than before, they just flake (eww) off instead of being scabby for weeks, making my foundation application much easier and old acne scars are fading much quicker as well.

My skin has been slightly less oily and with my fine lines, I don't really see any difference but I think that would probably take more than 4 weeks to see any positive effects, well they haven't gotten any worse, that's positive I guess!  

A couple of drops of Rosehip Oil
Immediately after Rosehip oil has been rubbed into the skin, no icky oily residue.
It's not greasy in any way and is quickly absorbed into the skin.  I've actually been putting it on my décolleté and loving the youthful glow it gives! It's also handy for my cuticles and dry knuckles. 

If your dubious about trying an oil because you have oily skin, don't be, go for it. But I would definitely recommend a plant based oil, they have smaller molecules, which means it is absorbed into the skin faster than minerals oils. Mineral oils also have a nasty habit of sitting on top of the skin creating a barrier and clogging pores, eh. no. thank. you! Little random fact.. mineral oil is also referred to as liquid paraffin and is derived from crude oil (like where petrol comes from) don't think I'd like to put that on my face. 

Rosehip, Jojoba and Hazelnut oils are a few good ones to look out for. Rosehip for more mature skin with fine lines, Jojoba and Hazelnut more for oily young skin.

My skin feels much healthier and happier since I've been using this. I will definitely be continuing to use this little fella and keeping an eye out for more positive results, especially with those fine lines and possibly testing out Jojoba and Hazelnut as well! 


Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig